Friday, June 3, 2011

REVIEW: CLICK espresso protein drink

I'm thrilled to write my first review post of all time about a product which I have been excited about since we met a few weeks ago at Fitbloggin.

I'm talking CLICK, my friends!

I met up with Christy and Melissa, the fab founders of The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans at Fitbloggin and they were kind enough to give me some samples of CLICK to try. I even got a handy dandy shaker for it, which has been great to use. It comes with these two metal balls you shake around which really helps to mix things up. CLICK comes in Vanilla Latte and Mocha flavors and there's new natural flavors available now as well. The drink can be made either hot or cold.

Let me say up front I'm a bit intimidated when it comes to making smoothies (or anything else in the kitchen for that matter!). I mean, how much milk toput in? How much yogurt? How much fruit? How much ice? I am not a fan of "winging it" when it comes to recipes. I have been using Weight Watchers smoothie mix but am pretty bored with them by now. I was eager to give CLICK a try.

For me, CLICK is the best of both worlds. I get the ease of making a smoothie-type drink, with literally no fuss at all, plus a distinctive coffee flavor that I love. Not to mention the benefits you get of having protein in the morning. I made my first one, the Vanilla Latte flavor,  using just water and the mix in the plastic shaker. It was delicious! Very smooth and there was a bold flavor to it. The next time, I tried it, I mixed it with 1 cup of 1 % milk and a few more ice cubes. Even more delicous!

This morning's was the best though. I had the milk in there, plus the powder, and  half a banana and a cup of blueberries and some ice. I mixed this with a immersion blender and it was divine! So rich and creamy and downright FILLING! I could barely drink the whole thing and it kept me going strong without any hunger well into lunch.

I  look forward to browsing around the many recipes at drinkclick.com and experimenting a bit! Give it a try if you are new to protein drinks or smoothies or just want an added boost in the morning or after a workout. It is packed with vitamins and nutrients. My bet is that you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment