Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Power of 1 Challenge - Recapping Week 2

Power of One Challenge

Hello gang o' mine!
This week's weigh in: 195.2
Last week's weigh in: 195.8
(Same darn weigh in ever since the beginning of the challenge. My middle name at times is Plateau!)
Loss this week: -.6

Can I Just say I have never been happier to lose .6 in al of my life? That eenie weenie teeny tiny loss brought me great joy.

I am putting it mildly when I say it's been a hectic, rough week. My mom was in the hospital, giving us all the scare of our lives. I am several states and a 4.5 hour drive away (or 3.5 hour drive when you are driving with what I call "controlled purpose" and your mom is in the hospital).

She's home now, thank God, and doing much better. I drove home to help take care of her and didn't spend much time on taking care of me. Add to it, TOM, and I sure burned a lot of calories crying. Are there activity points for that on WW? If not, there should be!

She is going to be OK. My family had a wake-up call. It was a rude awakening that sharpened all our eyes. For me, it spotlighted how important a role eating right and exercise plays in one's health. There are going to be changes made in my extended family now. We are all on the same page in how important this is, and there is no turning back.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a terrible scare you had! I am so glad your mom is on the mend. My heart goes out to you and I hope the coming weeks will get better and better for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your Mom and hope she continues to feel better. Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on losing weight this week! You did awesome with all you had going on this week! So proud of you!! Keep up your great work and you'll continue losing and being a great example to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Mary. I'm glad she's okay though. WOW. I know that controlled purpose drive very well :)

    Way to go on your loss this week!!!!! I'm so proud of you :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete