Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Monday Project - I rock? Yes, I do!

Rethink Your Shrink, The Monday Project

This week's Monday Project assignment was a toughie! Our topic? List five ways in which we rock. Do I have to? Can't I do something else for extra credit and stay after school to erase the blackboards or somethin'?!

After taking a short trip over to a few blogs of other ladies in the Sisterhood, I see that I was not the only one to have a hard time with this one this week!

OK.. deep breath.. here I go....

1. I ROCK because I have not given up, not on my weight loss and fitness goals, not on life even though my family picture frame is not as full as I want it to be, not on my marriage, even though we have had some dark days in the past and most of all, not on myself.

2. I ROCK because I know a million jokes. Seriously! You don't want to get me started telling jokes because it will go one for a long long time!

3. I ROCK because my friends and family know they can count on me. Say the word and I am there for people.

4. I ROCK because I once drove in a demolition derby (for a story I wrote for my newspaper at the time) and won a third place trophy for it. Still have a chunk of the car as a souvenier!

5. I ROCK because I still hope. For lots of things, big and small, hope still lives.

Oh what the heck.. now that I am on a roll, how about one more? I am shameless like that!

6. I ROCK because I play fiddle in a Celtic band, along with my husband and a few friends. it's a ton of fun and we do a few gigs for charities each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment